Hello fellow PUG Members! Our March PUG meeting will be at The Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork on March 25th from noon to 4pm.
The address is: 311 W 8500 S
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
The safest thing you can do is to not own a camera to worry about.
Personally, I really don’t worry about it… tons of people that bring their camera and if they’re not stupid they’re just fine.
I will NOT try to convince you to come… some people will remain paranoid no matter what. I will not try to talk sense into you. If logic can’t save you then just don’t come, or come and don’t shoot, or come and buy a underwater bag.
But below I will give you the perfect TIPS on how to be SMART
BTW it’s not smart to be in the middle of the crowd with no protection and a external zoom lens… but you can always NOT be in the middle of the crowd.
For those that are concerned
I would NOT recomend the following
- Using external zoom lenses
- Going into the middle of the crowd
- Changing lenses
- Changing memory cards
- Using a neckstrap you don’t want stained
- Not using gaffer tape on sensetive areas
As for me
- I wear an open jacket to tuck the camera
- I put filters on the lenses. (Even a cheap one just for the day)
- I don’t use an external zoom lens (so no 24-70) and I’d be risky to use my 14-24 but the other 5-6 lenses are fair game.
- I gaffer tape flash pop up, battery area, memory card area and external plug in sections.
- I put syran wrap around where the lens connects and remove it when I want to change lenses
- I change lenses in a safe environment
- I air compressor or comressed air to blow off entire camera prior to changing lenses and when I’m done for the day.
- I get a sensor cleaning
Thanks for the great information Jarvie!!!!
I hope to see you all there!!!